India Country Director and Head of South Asia
Tel: +91 783 894 0800 |
• Bachelor of Arts (History) - St. Stephen’s College, Delhi University, India
• Masters of Arts (History) - Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, India
• M.Phil. (History) - Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, IndiaBio
Rashmi Dastidar joined H&A in 2020 and leads the firm’s operations in India and South Asia (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan). Ms. Dastidar comes with 13 years of experience in travel security risk consulting, corporate intelligence, fraud investigations, risk intelligence and compliance in South Asia and has in-depth industry knowledge of manufacturing, retail and e-commerce sectors in the subcontinent.
Prior to H&A, Rashmi was with MMTC-PAMP India Pvt Ltd, having served as the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer for 2.5 years. MMTC-PAMP is a JV between Switzerland-based MKS Group, a global leader in precious metals, and MMTC India. As the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer, Rashmi was tasked to set up an independent corporate risk function that reports into a board-driven risk committee, with the mandate of enabling transition. This ranged from putting in place strong compliance and risk frameworks across the organization to investigating and clearing contingent liabilities, employee fraud and leakages.Prior to joining MMTC-PAMP, Rashmi had 10.5 years of risk consulting experience in India spanning across three premium consulting brands: starting with the JV between International SOS and Control Risks, where Rashmi supported as the overall Manager for the Global Information Centre providing real-time travel security advice across 220 locations for 7 years. Rashmi then went on to join Control Risks India as a Consultant in the Compliance, Forensics, and Intelligence consulting division, where she supported clients facing corruption investigations, provided crisis management support, and developed and implemented robust prevention programs for clients.
Rashmi then joined Deloitte’s forensics practice in March 2016 as an Associate Director and managed key client accounts seeking forensic and due diligence advice for critical investments.Experience
• Single point of contact for key client projects, managing multiple teams to deliver bespoke risk mitigation services. Industry coverage from e-com giants, PE players, metal and liquor sector operators. Expertise in conducting fraud and forensic investigations, due diligence, de-risking market entry strategies for clients and political stakeholder mapping.
• Ownership and management of a large network of service providers across India and South Asia to enable business intelligence gathering, which allowed advisory and consulting team to access high quality information from the ground.
• Managed large projects assessing integrity, political and security risks for global and domestic Indian organisations. Supported clients facing corruption investigations, provided crisis management support, and developed and implemented robust prevention programmes for clients.
• Assessed fraud, corruption and other compliance and regulatory risks for clients operating across multiple industries, managed a wide variety of reactive investigations involving the use of data analytics, IT forensics, forensics accounting and investigative interviewing.
• Provided market entry/ investment advice assessing opportunities and risks in relation to acquisitions, new relationships and important stakeholders, with a focus on integrity, political and security risks for clients in India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
Ms. Dastidar lives and works in Delhi, India for the last 23 years while she was born and raised in the north-eastern state of Assam. She speaks fluent English, Hindi and Assamese.